Thursday, June 9, 2022

missed out, bunting, platinum jubilee clock, stone dust, broad street party, food and natter, major...






Sadly, I missed out on the Bampton Shirt Race and the other Platinum Jubilee celebrations in the village because of the op.

I did, though, see a bit of bunting here and there, when I took short walks. Not to mention the Jubilee Clock on the town hall, drifts of stone dust still visible below it from its recent installation. 

I was able to go to the Broad Street street party on Sunday, which J and team organised. It was a lovely occasion and it was wonderful to see so many neighbours and have a natter. Amazing food too - just a fraction shown (but what a terrific fraction RS' pie is!).

The op by the way, I now learn, is described as major rather than minor but fortunately it has gone well, so seems less than it is. It has made such a difference to my life already. I'd never have noticed those drifts of stone dust beneath the clock ten days ago, for a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment